Maasai Mara Kenya Safari Package gives a perfect way to see Kenya’s best game-filled location as well gives a good insight into the culture and way of life of the local Maasai people who are living along the edges of the Masai Mara National Reserve.The Masai are a semi-nomadic people from who are known for their unique way of life as well as their cultural traditions Kenya’s safari tours enable both visitors and native Kenyans to enjoy the country’s wildlife, while also exploring the Maasai’s rich cultural heritage by visiting their homes and attending Maasai cultural shows. These tours are held in Kenya’s game reserves, in particular, the Masai Mara National reserve.
Day 1: Nairobi – Maasai Mara
The Maasai Mara Safari Package begins with Pick up at your hotel and safari briefing, depart for the scenic drive to Maasai Mara Game reserve via the Great Rift Valley, a stopover at the view point to see this great depression. The topography changes as you enter the vasty grassy plains of the reserve-the jewel of Kenya’s game park, located in the northern section of the great Serengeti plains. This is home to the “big five’’ Elephant, Lion, Leopard, Buffalo and Rhino, as well as thousands of the greater and lesser plains game. Everything seems to be magnified here.Drive to Narok-town where you will stop for Lunch, proceed to Maasai Mara arriving in good time at the park after check in, freshen up then go for an introductory evening game drive. Dinner and overnight at Mara Sopa lodge.
Day 2: Maasai Mara
After breakfast, enjoy a full day game drive exploring The Maasai Mara National Researvein search of the Big 5. The Maasai Mara Game Reserve is arguably Kenya’s most popular game sanctuary. It is the most famous and most visited game reserve in Kenya. Virtually every type of wildlife can be seen at the Mara. A spectacle worth seeing is the annual migration of millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle from Serengeti plains across the Tanzania border and the Mara River to reach Maasai Mara grazing fields from late June. The dramatic crossing of the river and the preying on the migrants by predators can be viewed from early July to mid-October. The reserve abounds with bird life close to about 452 species have been recorded. Picnic lunch will be provided. You have the option of visiting the Maasai Village. Dinner and overnight at Mara sopa lodge.
Day 3: Maasai Mara – Nairobi
Early Morning game drive. Breakfast at the camp then drive to Nairobi via Narok. Lunch is Enroute.
What to carry:
- Camera- to capture the moments ,
- Spare memory card or batteries or battery pack
- Warm Sweater for the night
- Day pack
- Flash Light
- Identification card/Passport for gate entry to the park
- A gift for the Masai Mara cultural visit (optional)
- Insect or Mosquito repellent
- Pain Killers
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Personal Items such as toiletries, mobile airtime, Sun screen or sun hat, Phone charger and just in case also carry Towel, Shower cap, and Shower slippers
- Pocket money
- Lastly … do not forget to carry with you, and adventurous spirit!!!
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
- Full board accommodation at the lodge+ Meals on Safari (B.L.D)
- Picnic-lunch on the second day as indicated
- All the Park entrance
- Transport in a safari Micro-Toyota 4×4 wheel-drive with a pop-up-roof for wildlife viewing and photography.
- guaranteed window/and comfortable seats
- 2 nights/ 3 days staying in the Maasai Mara
- game viewing-drives as per safari program
- All applicable taxes & government tolls.
- Soft drinks, juices, alcoholic and other beverages taken with lunch/dinner
- The optional visit to tribal villages e.g. visit to a Maasai village Ksh 2000 per person, Balloon safari in the Mara $450 per person, bookable before departure.
- Tip to driver/guide